Thursday, June 11, 2009

My sweet husband has been called in. . . again tonight to the VA. I miss him when he gets called in twice in one night. I have been reading a blog about a little boy named Charlie who suffered meningitis when he was only a year old. The consequences are grave. However, as I have read I was able to see such great love his parents have for him. My mind has been brought to my children and how truly grateful I am for them. They are the most precious things on this earth to me. I would not trade one bad day with them for any treasure in the world. My two sons and my two daughters have brought so much joy into my life. They teach me so much about myself and they teach me to be a better mom. Oh, how I love my children. I hope that they will always know this. I am so grateful for spontaneous hugs and "I love you, Mom."

1 comment:

Ginny said...

amen and amen! I have been amazed at and grateful for how Charlie has repeatedly brought perspective into my life. well said.