My son LOVES Grandpa. He followed him around as much as he could while we visited the home farm. He begged and begged to go with grandpa to dig a hole with the post digger on the tractor. Grandpa had to go find someplace to dig a hole. Porter also loved feeding the cows and chickens.
Last fall Grandpa accidentally ran over a turkey nest. He saved the babies and raised them with the chickens. There were three, two hens and a tom. The tom has been a mean turkey and would not let any get near him or the hens. He would ruffle his feathers and try and nip at anyone who came close. When we were home all of the adults were up at my Grandma's house visiting. All the kids were down by the chicken coop. Dad heard they were all down there and was really worried. He took off pretty quickly to keep them safe. Before he left I joked that Porter would be down there riding him. I guess I wasn't too far off. When Dad came back up to the house he was laughing. Somehow four kids younger than six years had cowed the big old tom turkey. He sat cowering in the corner and would not even venture near the fencing where the kids were. I guess dad won't have any trouble with him from now on. All he needed was my little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment